Graduation project DSNS Advanced Design Tool Development
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is continuously improving its designing process and corresponding tools. Extensive experience from vessel production and operation by customers is used in feedback for new designs and tools. Advanced Design Tool development therefore encompasses historical as-built data as well as prediction methods for creating and improving design tools.
Possible design tools are:
- (Life cycle) cost estimates, the trade-off of using different systems in the design has large impact on both the capital investment as well as the operational costs. Early detailed predictions of these costs are becoming increasingly important.
- Weight estimations on different levels of detail, estimating weight early in the design process requires insight in the relevant systems, parameters that influence it.
- Propulsions trade offs, taking into account requirements such as noise, vibration, environment, hybrid configurations, etc.
Tasks & Responsibilities
As a graduate at DSNS Products and Proposals, you will face several aspects in the field of design tools. It's not only theory or practice, but the combination of theory with practice that leads to the best results. Design tools are used in early phases of projects but form the basis for the further development of the projects. A graduate in this field is responsible for taking into account several departments and will be involved in high speed developments while also considering the requirements for of engineering the output of design tools.
Send us your motivation and favourite subject as well as your CV!
The perfect candidate is:
- A HBO or University student Applied Physics / Maritime Technology;
- A top class student;
- Passionate about ships or shipbuilding;
- Familiar with ship design;
- Able to balance level of detail and applicability of tools;
- Capable of identifying and communicating with multiple stakeholders;
- Independent, analytical and proactive;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
For more than 50 years DSNS has in fact been the dedicated shipbuilder of the Royal Netherlands Navy and we have worked alongside the Royal Netherlands Navy on the design, engineering and construction of eight generations of combatants, as well as amphibious vessels and naval auxiliaries. Based on decades of experience Damen now offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7 m to more than 200 m.Solliciteren
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is specialised in the design and construction of naval and complex commercial vessels, making optimal use of its know-how and experience from both the military and commercial sectors.
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 5 juli 2019|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Esther Van Oorschot|
|Telefoon||+31 (0) 118 48 23 24|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 050|
Alle banen bij Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding