Quality and Claims Supervisor
NileDutch Africa Line BV
The Quality and Claims department handles cargo claims, loss prevention initiatives, documentation, procedures and compliance issues. As a Quality and Claims Supervisor you will report to the Claims and Quality manager.
- Monitor indemnity claim files in real time to ensure that jurisdictional benchmarks for the timeliness of initial compensation determinations, accuracy of payment and/or refusals are met, as well as completeness of the files;
- Review local regulations to ensure timely response or filings, when applicable;
- Reconcile penalties incurred to confirm validity and provide recommendations to Claim Management on the appropriateness of a payment or an appeal, when applicable;
- Retroactively reviews selected indemnity claim files from a compliance perspective and summarize results;
- Coordinate and investigate root causes of cargo related incidents;
- Update various manuals;
- Identify and seize opportunities to improve current activities, processes and work methods;
- Monitor agents’ compliance with documentation requirements;
- Assist with compliance activities.
- A Bachelor degree is required;
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in the Maritime world;
- Thorough grasp of maritime documentation, IMDG code, awareness of claims-handling and international conventions;
- The ability to translate intricate processes into clear, simple and concise instructions;
- Fluent in Dutch and English language, both written and verbal communication. French and/or Portuguese is a plus;
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and analytical skills are necessary;
- Must be organized with effective time management skills to meet strict deadlines, when necessary;
- Pro-active mindset;
- Must have ability to prioritize and focus;
- Must possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment and self-motivate;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- A modern office in a prime location with open workplaces and good facilities;
- A challenging and dynamic job in a strong and international company;
- An excellent salary with good benefits.
For more information, please contact Amira Abdulkader (HR Officer) on +31 (0) 102818286. If this vacancy appeals to you, please send your CV and letter of motivation to Recruitment@niledutch.com.
NileDutch specialises in container shipping from most parts of the world to West Africa, and vice versa. In a few decades we have grown from a new entrant to the market to one of the world's largest container shipping companies.
Africa is part of our DNA. We know the region and how to operate there. We are thoroughly familiar with the waterways, trade centers and ports of West Africa. Additionally, we know the culture and how things work, because we work closely with colleagues on the ground, who are part of our worldwide network.
Our unique know-how ensures our customers that their goods and accompanying documents are handled accurately and efficiently, and makes their lives easier.
We are looking for ambitious people who, like NileDutch, want to turn opportunities into business deals, who value quality, and who are open, approachable and effective, and who want to work in a dynamic international environment.
We are still ambitious and want to grow further. Our international network keeps expanding, in-line with our maritime operations. That means there are some great opportunities for entrepreneurial professionals who want to join our team.
|Plaatsingsdatum||dinsdag 29 januari 2019|
|Bedrijfsnaam||NileDutch Africa Line BV|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Amira Abdulkader|
|Telefoon||+31 (0) 102818286|
Alle banen bij NileDutch Africa Line BV